Introducing Our New Therapeutic Yoga Group at New Hope Counseling Group!
Updated: Oct 26
One of the most important skills for maintaining mental wellbeing is the ability to consistently
care for ourselves as we attempt to navigate life’s challenges. For many of us, it can be difficult to find the time to dedicate to being present with our minds and bodies, and self-care may be the first thing that gets put on the backburner when times get tough. The catch is that it is often self-care that keeps us afloat, offers us a sense of comfort, and grounds us in our own agency and power to be able to handle tough times. That's why we're excited to introduce our newest offering at New Hope Counseling: a grounding and nurturing therapeutic yoga group! Mental and physical health is deeply interconnected and we can nourish one by attending to the other. What’s great about yoga is that it gives us the opportunity to nourish both our mind and body jointly. Our weekly yoga group is led by Shani Banks, a licensed therapist and certified yoga and meditation teacher who is dedicated to creating space for you to explore gentle yoga and meditation as a support for your mental and physical wellbeing.
Why yoga at New Hope?
● Expert Guidance: Our certified yoga instructor is not only skilled in yoga techniques but
also trained in understanding the unique needs of individuals seeking therapy. You can
trust us to provide a safe and supportive environment for your practice.
● Tailored for Healing: Our yoga sessions are designed to complement therapy. Whether
you're dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, or any other emotional
challenge, our instructor will tailor the practice to suit your therapeutic goals.
● Small Group Setting: We believe in fostering a sense of community and support. Our
group sizes are intentionally small to ensure individual attention and a comfortable, non-
● Mind-Body Connection: Yoga is renowned for its ability to connect the mind and body.
It encourages mindfulness and self-awareness, aiding in emotional regulation and
● Physical Health Benefits: Beyond its mental and emotional advantages, yoga also
offers physical benefits. It can improve flexibility, strength, and posture, contributing to
your overall well-being.
What makes our yoga group therapeutic?
Our therapeutic yoga group at New Hope Counseling is not just about poses and stretches. We integrate therapeutic techniques into our yoga sessions, ensuring that each class is a step toward healing and self-discovery. You''ll learn how to:
● Manage Stress: Explore relaxation techniques to reduce stress and anxiety.
● Cultivate Resilience: Develop mental and emotional resilience to face life's challenges.
● Enhance Mindfulness: Connect with the present moment and promote self-awareness.
● Improve Self-Compassion: Cultivate self-love and acceptance.
● Foster Connection: Build a supportive network of like-minded individuals on a similar
Yoga Group Details
Location: Virtual via Zoom every Tuesday at 6pm and Wednesday 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 60 minute led classes
Cost: $25 per class
Whether you're new to yoga or a seasoned practitioner, our group is open to individuals of all
levels ages 18 and up. To learn more about our yoga group or to reserve your spot, visit www.newhopecg.net/yoga
See you on the mat!